BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

UP!

(Warning: Possible Spoilers Involving the Moral of Disney/Pixar's UP!)
I saw UP last night with David and it was so good! The moral of the story though really applies to my life and discussions I've had and decisions I'm going to have to make.
When you have a dream of a huge adventure, don't wait: just go!
If life gets in the way of your grand adventure, don't miss out on the fact that the simple things are grand and adventurous too. In fact, in the end you may remember the moments you thought were dull better than any others and realize you missed out on focusing on them because of some silly dream which never came true anyway.
Even if you think it is way too late to go on that grand adventure, DO IT! Just get up and go, you're never too old, do it with the passion of being willing to die for it.

All of life is a Journey, a grand adventure we should live to the fullest. Some see living to the fullest as having tons of different experiences, partying like crazy, being a dare devil, traveling the world, and essentially seeing and doing everything they can. I can't really see it that way. See, we've got this one life. It is very short. We have no control over our past or how we came into this life or how we were raised. We can, to some small extent, control our future. We can look at our past and we can take things from it and leave things from it and create a brand new story if we wanted to. We are really only limited by what we know or have access to knowing. With this in mind, one could probably essentially remove themselves completely from everything they know and begin a new life: develop within yourself a new identity and just be that person. Identity is something we search for, when we can easily have it without all the insanity. See, all we can really do is exist. Our identity gives us motive for movement. For example: the greatest part of my identity is that I am a Christian. I know who I am in Christ, so I know who I am and I am not. My identity as a Christian gives me motive for movement. It tells me I should love God by obeying him, which means I try to listen to everything he says and make it part of my life; like becoming a pastor because he called me to and trying to obey the commands from the Bible. It tells me I should take care of myself and others as best I can. Because of this, I should exercise and eat healthily and do all I can to maintain my physical and spiritual health. I should help others when they need help, I should lay down my life for my friends as Jesus laid his life down for his friends. Christianity gives me parameters for all of my decisions. Another part of my identity is being female. This is something I cannot change about myself (no, not even with a sex change surgery because you cannot change your DNA). Because of this and how I am, I have a natural instinct to mate with a male and bear children. I realize not all females have this, some do not want children and some become attracted to females, but this is the average and it is the category I fall into. So everything we do is based off of who we are, just existing. We as thinking beings must take responsibility for all our words and actions because they come from our hearts, whether we like them or not. Our biggest choice is in our relationships: who we do life with. We are only limited to who we can connect with and thanks to the internet and other modern technology, we are virtually unlimited.

In essence, then, our story and our Journey are all just from being. Living doesn't have to be doing any particular thing, just being who you are and appreciating the life you have is all you really need. So, if your identity is being a traveler, an adventurer, go! Do it! See the world, live your dream. Do not compromise! If in your relationships and your being, you find someone to do life with and you don't get to have an adventure you thought you would, don't miss out on the adventure of being who you are and being with that person. Don't focus on the dream that didn't come true, appreciate the one that did and it will be much more to you than settling. If you take an unexpected detour, don't think it's too late to keep going down the road when you see it again. The detour was just another part of the Journey. Keep going, keep being, and your life can be as grand as you want it to be.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments: